Spectrum Dynamics Medical is engaged in the development, manufacturing, sale and service of state-of-the-art nuclear medicine imaging systems.
We are spearheading the transformation of the Single Photon Emission Computed Tomography imaging systems from analog to digital detection technology, enabling hospitals and clinicians to provide superior healthcare services at much lower cost.
We launched the world first digital cardiac dedicated SPECT system – the D-SPECT® Cardio system – in 2007. Since then, the D-SPECT® has become the system of choice for functional cardiac imaging with hundreds of systems sold worldwide. The D-SPECT® employs digital detectors made of Cadmium Zinc Telluride (“CZT”), which along with ingenious hardware design, proprietary software and proprietary algorithms, enables imaging of cardiac patients at unprecedented speed, at a low radiation dose, and with superior image quality. The D-SPECT® is a platform for next generation imaging, and therapy guiding cardiac applications.
Recently we launched its multipurpose SPECT and SPECT-CT systems – the VERITON® and the VERITON-CT® – the VERITON® systems employ digital CZT detectors mounted on 12 robotic arms arranged at 360° around the patient. They are integrated with innovative hardware and software design that enables users to image multiple organs (brain, thyroid, cardiac, lungs, bones etc.) at high speed, low radiation dose, and with significant improvement in image quality. The VERITON-CT® system includes a high speed, low dose, 16 or 64 slice CT, which is upgradable to 128 slices. The VERITON-CT® provides best in class combined functional and anatomic images.
Field Service Engineering will create/execute resources and programs to continuously improve Spectrum Dynamics installed base customer satisfaction and loyalty and provide field service support for DSPECT® and VERITON-CT® as needed. The Engineer will also have direct input to the Director of Service, Operations and engineering teams. This input will be critical to further enhance product reliability, operability and serviceability of the products on a global basis.
- Provide onsite support and phone support to field service organization problems and product issues related to software, firmware, networking and their clinical applications
- Take a leadership role in the personal ownership of the customer experience. Facilitate customer resolution through initiation of problem escalation and set up conference calls to engage the necessary resources for problem resolution in timely fashion.
- Directly communicate and build reports with customers as required. Follow up with unsatisfied customers to ensure all issues are resolved.
- Support new product introductions and first of kind installations
- Escalate/own and stay focused in driving the resolution of issues through the appropriate channels and team members
- Responsible for status reporting to internal/external customer support teams
- Participate as a technical resource and or customer advocate as needed
- Provide technical and support to sales and applications as needed
- Provide technical evaluation of service engineers and make recommendations regarding formal technical training requirements.
- Improve productivity by highlighting deficiencies and recommending change in tools, training and processes
Experiences, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience servicing and troubleshooting electrical/electronic equipment
- 2 – 3 years of experience servicing/installing Medical imaging equipment preferred
- Basic Skills and qualifications with handling computers SW installations and upgrades, electronic-mechanic assembly.
- Able to work independently
- Approximately 40%-50% travel
- Strong sense of customer service with excellent interpersonal skills