Spectrum Dynamics Medical is engaged in the development, manufacturing, sale and service of state-of-the-art nuclear medicine imaging systems.
We are spearheading the transformation of the Single Photon Emission Computed Tomography imaging systems from analog to digital detection technology, enabling hospitals and clinicians to provide superior healthcare services at much lower cost.
We launched the world first digital cardiac dedicated SPECT system – the D-SPECT® Cardio system – in 2007. Since then, the D-SPECT® has become the system of choice for functional cardiac imaging with hundreds of systems sold worldwide. The D-SPECT® employs digital detectors made of Cadmium Zinc Telluride (“CZT”), which along with ingenious hardware design, proprietary software and proprietary algorithms, enables imaging of cardiac patients at unprecedented speed, at a low radiation dose, and with superior image quality. The D-SPECT® is a platform for next generation imaging, and therapy guiding cardiac applications.
Recently we launched its multipurpose SPECT and SPECT-CT systems – the VERITON® and the VERITON-CT® – the VERITON® systems employ digital CZT detectors mounted on 12 robotic arms arranged at 360° around the patient. They are integrated with innovative hardware and software design that enables users to image multiple organs (brain, thyroid, cardiac, lungs, bones etc.) at high speed, low radiation dose, and with significant improvement in image quality. The VERITON-CT® system includes a high speed, low dose, 16 or 64 slice CT, which is upgradable to 128 slices. The VERITON-CT® provides best in class combined functional and anatomic images.
Field Service Engineering will create/execute resources and programs to continuously improve Spectrum Dynamics installed base customer satisfaction and loyalty and provide excellent field service support for DSPECT® and VERITON-CT® . The Engineer will also have direct input to the Director of Service, Operations, and engineering teams. This input is critical to further enhance product reliability, operability, and serviceability on a global basis.
- Provide onsite support and phone support to field service organization problems and product issues related to software, firmware, networking, and their clinical applications
- Take personal ownership of the customer experience. Facilitate customer satisfaction through initiation of problem resolution and escalation.
- Engage the necessary resources for problem resolution in a timely fashion.
- Directly communicate and build rapport with customers as required. Follow up with customers to ensure all issues are resolved.
- Support new product introductions and first of kind installations
- Responsible for status reporting to internal/external customer support teams
- Participate as a technical resource and or customer advocate as needed
- Provide technical and support to sales and applications as needed
- Improve productivity by highlighting deficiencies and recommending changes in tools, training, and processes
- Reports to Director of customer service
Experiences, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience servicing and troubleshooting electrical/electronic equipment
- 3 years of experience servicing/installing Medical imaging equipment CT & Nuclear preferred
- Basic Skills and qualifications in handling computers SW installations and upgrades, electronic-mechanic assembly.
- Able to work independently
- Approximately 30 possible air travel
- Typical service area within 100 miles of the metro region
- Strong sense of customer service with excellent interpersonal skills